The original wall at the BRC (on the right as you enter the gym) was in need of some routine maintenance... or facelift. Years of use, chalk, tape, whippers, and shoe rubber left our once beautiful climbing wall looking a little under the weather, but we're back and looking better than ever.
What we did:
1) We got rid of the double roof section of the original wall. From a route setting standpoint, the double roof area of the wall didn’t lend itself to varied movement. It seemed that every route in that area was very similar. To cure this problem we changed the angle of the wall to a more consistent overhang. By doing this it also made a wicked arête on the left side.
2) Removed the older and worn out wall texture
3) Replaced ALL the t-nuts....email us with your best guess of how many t-nuts were in that wall.
4) A new color and texture. As much as we love the old gyms salmon color, we decided to go with a more neutral color, with some accent colors to make the wall pop.
5) Revamping all the quickdraws.
Why we did it:
We did it so that our members will have a better climbing experience while at the BRC by making our climbing terrain the best that it can be.
Members Only Party:
We'll open up the entire gym once again on the evening of July 1st. We're hosting a members only party from 6pm-8pm. Join us for a celebration of a great community, good friends, a ton of hard work, and countless hours on the wall.
Come in and check out the new look. After this remodel, there is no doubt that we are the best climbing facility around. Please call us if you have any questions.
A huge thanks to all the members who put up with the noise and dust. Also a big thank you to the BRC staff and Eldorado Wall Company for the hard work, long days, and massive effort to pull this off in such a short time.
We hope to see you all soon.
Boulder Rock Club Staff