Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekly Monday Gear Review: Marmot Powder 8 Jacket

I’d like to introduce everyone to my new jacket of choice, the Marmot Powder 8.  I’ve been wearing my Team Red version for some time now and I have to say that is my go-to jacket.

The Powder 8 Jacket is a jack(et) of all trades.  It keeps me warm, it’s comfortable and soft to the touch.  Plus it looks good.  I’ve worn this jacket for everything, from multi-pitch rock routes during these cooler times, to Christmas Mass.  In fact my mother even complimented me on it.  That never happens with my outdoor attire.  To me the Powder 8 is the perfect combination of jacket, sweater, and fleece.  It has the protection of a jacket, the look of a sweater, and the feel of fleece.  You can’t go wrong.

If you are in the market for a jacket, I recommend you check out the Powder 8 from Marmot.  I give it two thumbs up.

-E.J. Nogaski
Colorado Mountain School
800-836-4008 x3

No comments: