Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekly Monday Gear Review: Black Diamond Primrose SA Harness

The Black Diamond Primrose SA Harness is a great women’s-specific harness for all climbing uses: sport, trad, multi-pitch, gym, snow and ice!  This is the second Primrose harness that I have owned.  Recently, I have been wearing it regularly for alpine climbing in Rocky Mountain National Park.  The speed offered by the pre-threaded adjustable waist is a great feature when I need to adjust layers.  All I need to do to put on an extra layer is loosen the harness slightly, tuck my jacket in and tighten my harness - all of which can be done with one hand.  BD’s “trakFIT” leg loop system is also quick to adjust and provides a wide range of fit.  I can adjust it accordingly if I am wearing thin summer pants or layers of thick winter gear.

This harness is comfortable!  It features a "women's-specific bullhorn-shaped OpenAir waistbelt". It's Dual Core Construction™ features two bands of webbing that distribute pressure while providing breathe-ability.  To give an idea how comfortable this harness is, I used it as my go-to while climbing in the hot temperatures of Red Rocks, Nevada while participating in an AMGA Rock Guide Course this past October.  Comfort is the reason that I continue to choose the Primrose harness.  Another selling point for me is that you do not need to spend much to own a quality harness like the Primrose SA - it is very reasonably priced.  I highly recommend this harness to any level of climbers.  Thank you Black Diamond for developing a comfortable and affordable harness specifically for female climbers!

For more information on this and other great products by Black Diamond, please click here.

Norie Kizaki
Colorado Mountain School Guide
AMGA Rock Instructor
800-836-4008

Check out a short clip of Norie teaching snow anchors just this past weekend in Rocky Mountain National Park in her Primrose SA Harness.






No comments: