Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gear Review: Marmot Women's Jena Jacket


Jane here with Colorado Mountain School, checking in about another high-performing product from  Marmot!

Known for their incredibily lightweight primo down insulation, Marmot does not disapoint with the Women’s Jena Down Jacket. Marmot uses only the highest quality goose down and it shows in their product line. Updated this year, the Jena is lightweight, super warm, and has a women’s specific fit that looks and feels great. This jacket goes from the crag, to the mountains, and then out on the town, with ease.
The Jena keeping me warm before bivying in RMNP.

I throw the Jena in my pack when I’m headed to the mountains because it is light, warm, and takes up very little space in my pack.  I love the Jena for rock climbing because it zips into its own pocket that has a loop attached to it. This allows me to clip the Jena to my harness or toss it in my climbing pack and be on my way. Then at chilly belay stations I can unpack the Jena and stay toasty warm. During the winter months I use the Jena as a mid-layer or lightweight outerwear for warm sunny days. The durable water repellent finish sheds snow and keeps me dry.
Below Spearhead in Glacier Gorge, RMNP.

Bottom line, I take this jacket with me no matter what time of the year and it rocks. I would suggest this product to anyone looking for a multi-functional, multi-seasonal, lightweight, and super warm layer. Another plus? It looks awesome too.


Jane Anderson
CMS Sales & Marketing
Expedition Manager
1.800.836.4008

No comments: