Monday, June 4, 2012

Guide Gear Review: Marmot Nano Jacket



Ian Fowler here with Colorado Mountain School. Originally from England, I grew up with three-hundred days of rain annually. Thus, I have a lot of experience with waterproof shells. The ultra-light Marmot Nano is a streamlined GORE-TEX® Paclite® shell that delivers everything I want in a jacket.

Living in Colorado, I have traded in the rain for three-hundred days of sunshine per year. That being said, the Nano is always in my pack and I use it regularly. While we do not get blanket all-day rains here too often, we do get a lot of short and intense afternoon storms.

The GORE-TEX® Paclite® packs small and keeps me super dry. The Nano has a great cut which fits nicely under a harness and does not restrict my movement. The high chest pockets allow me access while in a harness and the hood fits nicely over my helmet without inducing claustrophobia.



 

I never want to have to use a waterproof shell, but when I need it, I need it to perform. Since getting the Nano, I have used it on a regular basis. Whether it is walking out from the Russian Arete in a thunderstorm, teaching anchor building in on-again off-again showers or herding two children from Costco to the car in a downpour, the Nano does it all in good style.

Ian Fowler
Mountain Guide
Colorado Mountain School
1.800.836.4008


No comments: